You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios update 15.5 iphone 12 mini 5Ghz wifi

Since the update to 15.5 on my iphone 12 mini. The connection to my 5Ghz wifi is very bad. 2,4ghz is fine but the 5g is really bad it losses connection a lot, have to reset wifi quit a few times before it can connect to a site. Anyone else? Or is it just me :)

Posted on May 21, 2022 2:10 PM

2 replies

May 21, 2022 2:13 PM in response to steef272

Before updating to the latest iOS 15.5 as told in your post what was your earlier iOS version. Then you can look into the iOS changes that have happened between the earlier version on your iPhone and this new version that you have updated now. 

This will give you a broader idea of the issue if it is directly linked to the iOS version or is triggered by something else.

What iOS 15.5 update has...

iOS 15.5 includes enhancements to Apple Cash, Apple Podcasts, and other features and bug fixes.

iOS 15.5 includes the following improvements and bug fixes:

• Wallet now enables Apple Cash customers to send and request money from their Apple Cash card
  • Apple Podcasts includes a new setting to limit episodes stored on your iPhone and automatically delete older ones
  • Fixes an issue where home automations, triggered by people arriving or leaving, may fail
  • Fixes an issue that may cause iPhone SE (3rd gen) to unexpectedly shutdown

Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:

Apple security updates - Apple Support

May 21, 2022 2:24 PM in response to SravanKrA

I’ve updated from the previous version. So there is no update i missed before this one. I know the changes that are in this update but unfortunately that does not mean another bug cant slip through. Didnt have this problem with 15.4.1 and my other iphone which does not have 15.5 yet still on 15.4.1 does not have this problem. Can live with it, just annoying :)

Ios update 15.5 iphone 12 mini 5Ghz wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.