Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't mail return undelivered emails?

Why doesn't mail return undelivered emails or note that the email address is not valid??

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 21, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 6:03 PM

HondoFrank wrote:

Why doesn't mail return undelivered emails or note that the email address is not valid??

Some servers will... my email provider does...

You do not paint a very big picture if you have some wide spread issue or if this is just curiosity question, you give no detail.

Here is a truncated/redacted example:

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 6:03 PM in response to HondoFrank

HondoFrank wrote:

Some servers will... my email provider does...

You do not paint a very big picture if you have some wide spread issue or if this is just curiosity question, you give no detail.

Here is a truncated/redacted example:

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

May 21, 2022 6:42 PM in response to HondoFrank

HondoFrank wrote:

Exactly, I am not getting any message and their correct email is pretty out there and not likely a valid email. I get no "undeliverable email address" message, none ever.

You have yet to provide who is your email provider ?

what is your account? the SMTP is the send server...

Don't post personal information or your spoofed email addresses—not needed and will be removed.

typically you can log in through a browser server side and look at your settings and make changes

or contact their Support.

there are many here are just a few examples

May 21, 2022 6:13 PM in response to HondoFrank

HondoFrank wrote:

I went from always getting a response for bad email addresses and the response was from the server that was the provider for that domain that it was undeliverable; to now, never getting a message that the email is not valid, at all.

How do you know it was not delivered?

if the person you are emailing to says they did not receive the email, check the email address you sent the email to. It may be a valid email address, just not the correct one for the intended recipient.

Why doesn't mail return undelivered emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.