Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Studio does not mount G-Raid or Areca tower thunderbolt drives

Hi- I have a new studio with M1 Max chip. It reads all single or double disc thunderbolt drives fine but my towers ( G-Speed Raid 64 TB and Areca 48 TB) will not mount and do not even become visible in DisK Utility. I did not expect this at all and am at a total loss as I need to get asap editing with the data on the towers.

There seems to be little awareness of this. can anyone help ?

I believe its the chip. The drives spin up but do not mount. They work fine with Macbook Pro running 12.2.1

dc

Mac Studio

Posted on May 21, 2022 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 1:18 AM

no actually - but I took a deeper dive and with help from manufacturer websites , the odd post and a call from apple, have now sussed it. It is the M1 chip, and in order for the raid drives to mount , you have to lessen the security level of the chip and install some drivers - deifferent one for the G speed SHuttle XL and the ARECA . here are some links for anyone else who comes across this issue.

https://support-en.g-technology.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30126

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 1:18 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

no actually - but I took a deeper dive and with help from manufacturer websites , the odd post and a call from apple, have now sussed it. It is the M1 chip, and in order for the raid drives to mount , you have to lessen the security level of the chip and install some drivers - deifferent one for the G speed SHuttle XL and the ARECA . here are some links for anyone else who comes across this issue.

https://support-en.g-technology.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30126

New Mac Studio does not mount G-Raid or Areca tower thunderbolt drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.