Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY I CAN'T UPDATEMY MAC TO A NEWER OS ?

HI, I HAVE A MACOS HIGH SIERRA VERSION 10.13.6 WHICH I AM NOT ABLE TO UPGRADE TO A NEWER OS VERSION. IS A BIT FRUSTRATING BECAUSE THE MACHINE STILL WORKING FINE, I DON'T SEE WHY I CAN'T USED IT WITH UPDATED SOFTWARES I HAVE ON MY COMPUTER. MOST OF THEM ARE ON PAID SUBSCRIPTION. I WOULD AT LEAST GO TO MOJAVE... ANYONE CAN HELP OUT THERE? THANK YOU

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 22, 2022 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 7:16 AM

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

Which of the below newer versions of macOS does Apple States it Qualifies to run.

Please, do not shoot the messenger.

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

macOS Big Sur 11 hardware requirements

macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements

macOS Mojave 10.14 hardware requirements

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 7:16 AM in response to Gigiolodilondra

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

Which of the below newer versions of macOS does Apple States it Qualifies to run.

Please, do not shoot the messenger.

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

macOS Big Sur 11 hardware requirements

macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements

macOS Mojave 10.14 hardware requirements

May 22, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Gigiolodilondra

Some help for Macs that cannot upgrade further...

Might try this, it's Chrome Browser without google & without Ads...

https://brave.com/

Look into the Free LibreOffice, it handles MS Office files like Word & Excel, & Page Layout…

https://www.libreoffice.org/

And thanks to VikingOSX…

Let's not overlook SoftMaker's Office 2021 suite which has familiar Word and Excel UI design, and opens these documents in their native formats.

WHY I CAN'T UPDATEMY MAC TO A NEWER OS ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.