Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I charge Beats Flex headphones to use with my iphone and apple watch.

I see a lot of complaining, but no answers, so in simple terms, what do I need to charge these useless

Beats Flex headphones to use with my iphone and apple watch. It is disgusting to buy an item only to find 1) there are no useful instructions whatsoever, and 2) possibly having to buy cables, adapters, etc., in order to make the product work. Are there any newer answers to this problem? You would think with this many complaints someone would have done something.

\

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 22, 2022 6:50 AM

10 replies

May 23, 2022 11:51 AM in response to imahumble1

Hi imahumble1,

To clarify, the USB-C cable is only to charge your Beats Flex earphones. They connect to your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch using the Bluetooth connection, not a wire.

For charging, this adapter will work. Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

If you don't want to purchase a new adapter, you can get a USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector cable, like this: mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

The steps below will help you pair to your iOS devices.

"Pair your Beats Flex - Learn how to pair your earphones with your device.

Pair with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that you turned on Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Hold your earphones next to your unlocked iOS device.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your earphones. When the indicator light flashes, your earphones are discoverable.
  4. Follow the instructions that appear on your iOS device.

If you can't connect to your device, learn what to do."

You can find this information and helpful details here: Set up and use your Beats Flex earphones

Hopefully that helps clarify the difference between charging your Beats Flex and connecting them to your devices.

Best!

May 23, 2022 10:51 AM in response to Dorain1

Thank you very much for your quick response. Yes, I got the connecter but what do I connect it to. I can't connect it to my computer I can't connect it to my iPhone, both sides of the charging cable are the same. In order to connect it to my computer USB port, I need a different connector, the same with my iPhone, I tried using some of my Apple connectors and nothing worked they don't fit in the headphone device. From what I read, I need another cable, if I do, which one do I need? There wasn't much info about the earphones and this forum also had complaints. Can you help me?

May 24, 2022 6:06 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

I am still confused, you make it sound so simple, but the connector that came with the Beats Flex earphones, both ends are the same. I have the power connector you mention, I am looking at it--one side plugs into the wall, I get that. But both sides of the cable that came with the earphones will not fit into the connector. If I order the cable you mention, will that help me charge these earphones? I have several Apple cables, I tried them all with the connector, the cable that came with the earphones will not fit in the cable end. I don't want to spend more money. This is a common complaint and the cause of much angst to those who purchased these earphones thinking they would work with Apple products. What am I missing?

May 24, 2022 6:20 AM in response to karina184

Yes it is. I went through all my chargers and found a WA TOE 3 in 1 fast charger cable and connector and it fit into the Beats Flex device so I plugged it into the wall and the red light went on the earphones so I assume it is charging. If this works I will post a comment. It seems to me that there is something wrong with the cable that is included with the device, it is a common complaint.

How do I charge Beats Flex headphones to use with my iphone and apple watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.