Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini intercom quit working?

I try and use intercom on my HomePod mini and it says "home hasn't added support with that with Siri"? This was working just fine a week ago.

Posted on May 22, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 4:20 PM

gersh10,

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's be sure Intercom is set up correctly: Use HomePod mini or HomePod as an intercom. You may want to try toggling it off and on for the HomePod. You may even want to try a bit of different phrasing as shown under "Send an Intercom message".

Let us know what happens.

Have a fantastic day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 4:20 PM in response to gersh10

gersh10,

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's be sure Intercom is set up correctly: Use HomePod mini or HomePod as an intercom. You may want to try toggling it off and on for the HomePod. You may even want to try a bit of different phrasing as shown under "Send an Intercom message".

Let us know what happens.

Have a fantastic day!

May 23, 2022 8:05 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Ok now things seem to be working.

I found you can't do a pause after you say intercom or you get the response "home hasn't added support with that with Siri", when you use "Intercom in the sentence without a pause to what you want to say it sends your words spoke after the word intercom. Also if you say hey Siri tell everyone or tell a specific room and what you want to say it works... I'm thinking it was the pause that I used to do is what was messing it up.

Thank you!

HomePod mini intercom quit working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.