Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Repairs

I sent my computer in for a few repairs including a cracked screen and a broken keyboard. I know both were mentioned in the description of the repair , but they only fixed the screen. The person at the apple store told me both could be fixed and would be under one service fee, is there anything I can do about getting my keyboard fixed now without paying another service fee?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 22, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 11:47 PM

Not likely, you'll need to ask Apple ... the store where the work was done and take a look at the repair receipt you got with the unit's return.

Th receipt/work order will list everything Apple repaired, which will be what Apple understood you wanted repaired.

If the keyboard is listed and still broken, you are due that repair as covered by that understanding. If the KB is not mentioned, then you'll need an entirely new repair request. And that will be at an additional cost.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 11:47 PM in response to jkowal13

Not likely, you'll need to ask Apple ... the store where the work was done and take a look at the repair receipt you got with the unit's return.

Th receipt/work order will list everything Apple repaired, which will be what Apple understood you wanted repaired.

If the keyboard is listed and still broken, you are due that repair as covered by that understanding. If the KB is not mentioned, then you'll need an entirely new repair request. And that will be at an additional cost.

MacBook Air Repairs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.