Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download photos from my SLR canon camera into my photo library in my imac? With my PC, i connected the SD card to the computer and downloaded. How do I do this with my imac?

How do I download photos from my SLR Canon camera into my photo library in my new IMAC 24? With my PC, I I used a card reader and cable connected to my PC. HELP.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 22, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 2:37 PM

• Plug the card reader into the USB port
  • Make sure the SD card shows in Finder
  • Open Photos app
  • From the menu bar click on File -> Import
  • In the dialog box navigate to the SD card and select the images you want to import
11 replies

Jun 20, 2022 3:56 PM in response to AnnoulaC

AnnoulaC wrote:

My Canon Powershot is older and I have a brand new Mac/Monterrey. There is no card slot in my computer. I ordered a lightning bolt USB connector and it's too small to fit in back. What type of connector do I need? Or how can I download my camera pics?

You'll need to get an external USB 3.0 card reader. Amazon has quite a few.

How do I download photos from my SLR canon camera into my photo library in my imac? With my PC, i connected the SD card to the computer and downloaded. How do I do this with my imac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.