Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch battery dies in under 10 hours since the last update.

Since the latest Watch update my battery dies in under 10 hours. Is this an issue anyone else is having? I used to only only need to charge every 24-hours.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 22, 2022 4:41 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2022 11:46 AM in response to Hoxsieq

Hello Hoxsieq,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand how important battery life on the Apple Watch is, and want to help.

This article discusses matter performance on the Apple Watch: Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

It has some steps which may prove useful in this instance. You may also reach out to Apple for assistance as well, they can run diagnostics and see if the battery shows any issues. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cheers!

May 26, 2022 4:18 PM in response to merlinapple

The stock “check you’re not running anything intensive” answer is really unhelpful.

As the OP stated, and as in my case, the battery life drop off has been from 24+ hrs down to around 8hrs solely after the update to watchos 8.6.

Seeing multiple other reports around the internet, there is no possible generic support response to this - the OS is simply buggy and we need to wait for an update.

My Apple Watch battery dies in under 10 hours since the last update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.