Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My issue is with my iPad not responding to touch. Holding buttons did not work

I tried pressing down button then holding top button. Apple logo did not appear The home screen came up. Not sure what to do next as iPad not responding to touch

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 22, 2022 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 9:38 PM

Canyon44 Said:

"My issue is with my iPad not responding to touch. Holding buttons did not work: I tried pressing down button then holding top button. Apple logo did not appear The home screen came up. Not sure what to do next as iPad not responding to touch"

-------

Troubleshooting the iPhone's Home Button:

Try this Link: If a Button or Switch isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 9:38 PM in response to Canyon44

Canyon44 Said:

"My issue is with my iPad not responding to touch. Holding buttons did not work: I tried pressing down button then holding top button. Apple logo did not appear The home screen came up. Not sure what to do next as iPad not responding to touch"

-------

Troubleshooting the iPhone's Home Button:

Try this Link: If a Button or Switch isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

May 31, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Canyon44

Ipad 7th Gen. model- iPad suddenly quit responding to touch. Performed all the restart top button while home button functions etc. with same results. I have performed factory restore and the problem is still there. How can I set it up if I can't select the dang screen functions. Apple support pointed me to local retailer to try and trouble shoot at a cost of 49.00. Any thoughts and/or suggestions? Could this be associated with a recent IOS update?

My issue is with my iPad not responding to touch. Holding buttons did not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.