Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Setup Icon" inside Apple ID -> iCloud

Are there others who have this "weird" Setup icon, with the option to turn on/off?

It's on both my iPhone and iPad.

It came in iOS 15.5. I noticed it was not there from the start, but as I started setting up my devices it came. I noticed that after I set up my AirPods it came. However, it may be a coincidence. As you can see in the pictures, it is between Apple's own apps, so it is not a 3rd party app.

Screenshot from iPhone

Screenshot from iPad:

Posted on May 23, 2022 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:09 AM

Hello --JS--,

We understand that you're seeing an unknown icon in your iCloud settings. To look into this further, we'd recommend that you Contact Apple Support so that they can look into this directly with you.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

8 replies

Jun 7, 2022 11:06 AM in response to deodagrin

Okay that was another take. Thank you very much for your input.

I found that the Setup icon appeared after I set up my AirPods. I tried to remove my AirPods from my Apple ID, and signed out of my Apple ID, and signed in again. It removed the Setup icon and it was gone - until I added my AirPods again. The setup icon was back. Then did the same thing again, removed AirPods, sign out, sign in. The setup icon was gone, I also set up my AirPods from my MacBook. It solved the problem. The setup icon is gone and my AirPods are paired with my Apple devices again.

May 24, 2022 12:23 PM in response to ShannonM1

Thanks for the answer. I assume it will be fixed in an update, so will not do more about it. However, would like to hear if others experienced the same thing, and perhaps had an idea of where it came from.

Jun 22, 2022 12:09 PM in response to itsyerboyrapoy

Yes have also used AirPods on my iPhone and the Setup icon remained hidden ... BUT, here a few weeks later I can see it has come back. So, this is something that needs to be fixed, because it has never been there in early versions. Hopefully it is fixed in iOS 15.6.

"Setup Icon" inside Apple ID -> iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.