Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete several dozen music videos from Macbook Pro Music?

Macbook Pro Catalina 10.15.7

i have several dozen "music" videos on the Music app. Normally the user can do a Command-A and highlight All, but this does not work!

How do i delete them as a group, without doing it one at a time?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 23, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 11:40 AM

Here's a thread that might help: Deleting multiple songs in itunes at once… - Apple Community

I'm not sure why Command+A doesn't work, but it should work in all Mac apps released by Apple. Have you tried restarting and then Command + A?

Similar questions

7 replies

May 23, 2022 10:50 AM in response to CatalinaThunderbird

i am not certain what you mean by "left click" on my MacBook Pro trackpad, so i assume that means a normal click. When i do that, it plays the video. It does not highlight the video icon, as it would in the Finder. This Music app is very unfriendly. So, i don't know if you tried it, but if i interpreted your recommendation correctly, it does not work.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

May 24, 2022 4:04 PM in response to tmcdanel

Try using a Magic Mouse or a traditional mouse to use the right click function. Try selecting a music and right click you should get a list of options. Try deleting just one first if it works, then select the first on the list and hold down the shift key while clicking the down arrow key on the keyboard to select the other music. Once done right click and click delete on the list of of options there.

May 24, 2022 8:04 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

i very much appreciate that you took the time to answer and gave an answer that actually worked. i know everyone who tried to answer this question had the best of intentions, and could have passed it by, but i have learned before i suggest a solution ... try it first. Many don't.

Yours worked great. Thanks so much.

On a darker note, i mourn the frequency of such bad software design, especially on an app that originally had such a stellar history as a breakthrough in its early years. i suppose they pejorate for reasons i cannot appreciate, but it is at best annoying.

How do i delete several dozen music videos from Macbook Pro Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.