Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing email not accepting email as it contains spam?

I was sent an email from “Apple” to say that my iCloud account had been blocked because of suspicious activities.

Fortunately for me, I take these with a pinch of salt, and never reply, or use the link in the email etc.

I always report them to Apple (the genuine one), using the phishing reporting email address (in my contacts, so I can’t remember it off the top of my head)

So I went to message Apple about this email, and I get a bounce back saying “the recipient refused your email as it may contain spam” or words to that effect.

Anyone else come across this? Have the “phishes” gotten wise and load their email with background spam so we can no longer report them?

I would love a reply from Apple if you could, that would be grand. And if anyone else can help, thank you too

Peace, Love n Purpleness 🇺🇦

Posted on May 23, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 9:03 AM

You need to forward the email as an attachment.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies

Phishing email not accepting email as it contains spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.