Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer setup

I have a new MacBookPro (running Monterey 12.4) for work and I'm having trouble setting up a printer. Our office has an odd HP Color LaserJet E65060 with an internal HD. When I click Add Printer I enter the Address and it locates the printer just fine.

But when I click on Use and choose Select Software…, that model doesn't appear in the list of available drivers.

On my old MBPro I was able to set up a driver that allowed me to use functions such as Job Storage, Personal Job, page feed, paper type, etc. (Generic doesn't have those options.) But I don't know which driver I chose years ago. Also, it always gave me a message saying some software was missing, but it still worked.

Through trial and error I've found a couple in the list above that give me the Print dialog I'm looking for:

However, as shown here the options under Personal Job are grayed out with the message saying the job won't be stored on the printer. In the old MBP I'm able to make changes here.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get a usable driver for this printer? HP has told me I have to use Apple's driver for their printers because they don't have drivers for macOS.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 23, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 11:52 AM

I stumbled onto a solution not long after posting. Since I can't delete the post, I'll add the solution.

It occurred to me that I had the HP Color LaserJet E65050 E65060.gz file located in /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources on the old MBP. After copying it over to the new, I'm able to use the printer's other functions.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 11:52 AM in response to sk@mmm

I stumbled onto a solution not long after posting. Since I can't delete the post, I'll add the solution.

It occurred to me that I had the HP Color LaserJet E65050 E65060.gz file located in /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources on the old MBP. After copying it over to the new, I'm able to use the printer's other functions.

Printer setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.