Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use my 2018 Ipad pro 18W charging adapater for my Ipad mini 6th generation?

I have a 2018 ipad pro that came with an 18W charging adapter. I just recently bought an ipad mini that comes with a 20W charging adapter. Was wondering if i can use both the 18W and 20W to charge both ipads interchangably.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 23, 2022 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 3:44 PM

Most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at 12W or greater to reliably charge. 5W Power Adapters intended for older models of iPhone are inadequate to charge an iPad.

Your 18W and 20W USB-C Power Adapters can be used interchangeably with your iPad. Both support USB PD (Power Delivery) Fast Charging with compatible models of iPad and iPhone. While their are technical differences between the two, for practical purposes, you shouldn’t notice any significant difference in charging performance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 3:44 PM in response to TANLEE07

Most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at 12W or greater to reliably charge. 5W Power Adapters intended for older models of iPhone are inadequate to charge an iPad.

Your 18W and 20W USB-C Power Adapters can be used interchangeably with your iPad. Both support USB PD (Power Delivery) Fast Charging with compatible models of iPad and iPhone. While their are technical differences between the two, for practical purposes, you shouldn’t notice any significant difference in charging performance.

Can i use my 2018 Ipad pro 18W charging adapater for my Ipad mini 6th generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.