Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I expand the storage in my iMac?

Can I expand the storage on my iMac?

Posted on May 23, 2022 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 2:37 PM

The best approach is to use an external SSD drive to provide additional storage that you can offload large files to in order to free up space on the internal drive. Fully disassembling an iMac to replace the internal storage is not for the feint of heart, nor recommended by Apple as a user serviceable process.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 2:37 PM in response to devanoff

The best approach is to use an external SSD drive to provide additional storage that you can offload large files to in order to free up space on the internal drive. Fully disassembling an iMac to replace the internal storage is not for the feint of heart, nor recommended by Apple as a user serviceable process.

May 23, 2022 5:53 PM in response to devanoff

iMacs have been in continuous production for a quarter of a century and easily over a thousand variants. You have not shared with us your variant, and we can neither see nor touch your computer.

If you want a very answer specific to your iMac variant, please do "About this Mac..." from your Apple menu and tell us what that says for "SUB-MODEL":

Can I expand the storage in my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.