Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade-In Value doesn't make sense

Hello. The current trade-in promo says my iPhone 7 Plus is up to $100 | iPhone 7 says up to $60 | However, when I select good condition I get quoted $90 and $45, respectively.

This doesn't make sense... how can they say "up to" and there's no way to get that price

Posted on May 23, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:02 AM

y_p_w wrote:

I don’t recall the trade-in estimator asking. ..

Last I checked, the trade-in process asked for the serial number. Which has all the hardware details.

But in any case, ask Apple their reasoning if they’re willing to discuss that, or—if you don’t like the offer—sell your device privately.

More on what to do next: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 8:02 AM in response to y_p_w

y_p_w wrote:

I don’t recall the trade-in estimator asking. ..

Last I checked, the trade-in process asked for the serial number. Which has all the hardware details.

But in any case, ask Apple their reasoning if they’re willing to discuss that, or—if you don’t like the offer—sell your device privately.

More on what to do next: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 23, 2022 6:44 PM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

Contact Apple Support, and ask them. Different capacity models of iPhone 7 may well have different rebate offers, or different constituent parts within a particular iPhone 7 may factor into this offer. We just don’t know.

I don't recall that capacity matters. I thought that mostly these would be used to turn into replacement devices, and they don't charge any different fee based on capacity.

May 23, 2022 8:16 PM in response to y_p_w

y_p_w wrote:

I don't recall that capacity matters. I thought that mostly these would be used to turn into replacement devices, and they don't charge any different fee based on capacity.

Replacements are same-capacity and same replacement price yes, as for the trade-in offer, they may well have a glut of spares of one capacity and a dearth of another, hence the differing offer. Again, best ask Apple. Or sell privately. Or use it for music or such; as an iPod.

May 24, 2022 6:32 AM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

y_p_w wrote:

Replacements are same-capacity and same replacement price yes, as for the trade-in offer, they may well have a glut of spares of one capacity and a dearth of another, hence the differing offer. Again, best ask Apple. Or sell privately. Or use it for music or such; as an iPod.

I don’t recall the trade-in estimator asking. I just had a look at it, and it doesn’t ask for capacity. However, I did see something about an added trade-in credit until May 31. That might not be reflected in the estimator.

Trade-In Value doesn't make sense

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.