Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 is disabled

Too many failed attempts to unlock the phone and now it’s disabled. I no longer have iTunes on my Mac since it’s now Music. When I connect the phone to the MacBook it asks me to trust the device. However, when I click on Trust, it gives me an error 0xe8000015.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on May 24, 2022 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 5:37 AM

I no longer have iTunes on my Mac since it’s now Music.

After you connect the iPhone to your Mac, you see the iPhone in Finder sidebar.

See -> If your computer doesn’t recognise your iPhone, iPad or iPod

If your computer doesn’t recognise your iPhone, iPad or iPod – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

If your computer doesn’t recognise your connected device, you may see an unknown error or a “0xE” error.

Follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step.

1. Make sure your iOS or iPadOS device is turned on, unlocked and on the Home Screen.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you’re using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
  3. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust. If you can’t unlock your device because you’ve forgotten your passcode, find out what to do.
  4. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
  5. Restart your computer. 
  6. Restart your iPhoneiPad or iPod touch.
  7. Follow these additional steps for your Mac or Windows PC
  8. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 5:37 AM in response to jcaballero75

I no longer have iTunes on my Mac since it’s now Music.

After you connect the iPhone to your Mac, you see the iPhone in Finder sidebar.

See -> If your computer doesn’t recognise your iPhone, iPad or iPod

If your computer doesn’t recognise your iPhone, iPad or iPod – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

If your computer doesn’t recognise your connected device, you may see an unknown error or a “0xE” error.

Follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step.

1. Make sure your iOS or iPadOS device is turned on, unlocked and on the Home Screen.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you’re using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
  3. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust. If you can’t unlock your device because you’ve forgotten your passcode, find out what to do.
  4. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
  5. Restart your computer. 
  6. Restart your iPhoneiPad or iPod touch.
  7. Follow these additional steps for your Mac or Windows PC
  8. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.

iPhone 6 is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.