Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF no longer opening with Preview permission not allowed

i am not able to open PDF attachemnts with Preview in an email and get a message No Permission to Open. when i go to Finder to get info the permission is there to read . Is there a bug in Preview

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 24, 2022 6:40 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 24, 2022 9:12 AM in response to Penny Furseman

There are several threads open on this; you can see them commencing since the day 11.6.6 came out. I have posted in every one of those and there is no "workaround" except closing Preview every time you want to open an attachment. then clicking Open for another attachment, which will open that attachment, then quitting Preview and going through the same routine over and over again for each attachment. The same holds true for .jpg's, Word, Excel attached to Outlook, to Mail ...

I can assure you that giving full disc permissions for Outlook does not remedy the issue.

Please submit a bug report to Apple ... this problem is not going to get fixed until they know it is affecting many folks. Perhaps the best way to submit the report is to use your Feedback Assistant.

PDF no longer opening with Preview permission not allowed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.