Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you select what you want transferred to your new iPhone?

Hello,

I will be receiving a new iPhone within the next day or two. I’ll still have my old iPhone. I don’t want the apps to transfer to my new iPhone but I want everything else to be transferred. I’ve only ever did “Restore from backup” every time I got a new phone. Is there a way to select what you want transferred?

If not, are there any ways I can avoid transferring my apps besides going on a delete spree?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 24, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 11:40 AM

lovefromseattle wrote:

Hello,

I will be receiving a new iPhone within the next day or two. I’ll still have my old iPhone. I don’t want the apps to transfer to my new iPhone but I want everything else to be transferred. I’ve only ever did “Restore from backup” every time I got a new phone. Is there a way to select what you want transferred?

If not, are there any ways I can avoid transferring my apps besides going on a delete spree?

it is all or nothing, so yes you will need to delete the apps you don't want anymore.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 11:40 AM in response to lovefromseattle

lovefromseattle wrote:

Hello,

it is all or nothing, so yes you will need to delete the apps you don't want anymore.

Can you select what you want transferred to your new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.