Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown Accounts in iCloud Keychain for Windows

I have two unrecognized accounts with passwords showing up only in windows icloud keychain. I'm unable to delete them as well. A message box pops up saying "Unable to delete the password. Please try again." When I close that I see the message "Operation failed because of invalid parameter." These accounts do not appear in my other devices.

It appears to be some randomized email address at telekom.de (I've never had an email account there) with a similarly randomized password and the website is listed as PwdMgrUI.InternetCredential. Have I been hacked somehow?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 24, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 3:18 PM

Uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud for Windows got rid of the accounts. Apple support dropped the ball on my 'ticket' and quit responding so I've never heard what might have caused these to appear in the first place.

Similar questions

5 replies

May 25, 2022 8:51 AM in response to azjamesp

Hi azjamesp,

We wouldn't assume that you've been hacked based on the information your provided. Do you have an iOS or macOS device you can attempt to remove them from? Do you get the same error when you try? Although you don't recognize the accounts are you familiar with the websites they are for? These questions can help us isolate your issue. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care.

May 25, 2022 9:06 AM in response to Lee_ms

Thanks for responding. As I said, these two accounts only appear in my keychain on windows pc so I don't have them on apple devices to remove. I also described the website they're for which appears to be a local machine reference and not an actual website; PwdMgrUI.InternetCredential

I have an open ticket now with Apple Support. It was a very lengthy process, even the tech said it was the lengthiest ticket she'd ever been involved with. I've uploaded to them a host of screenshots and log files and a follow up call is scheduled for Tuesday. I'll update as info is available.

Unknown Accounts in iCloud Keychain for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.