Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast Switching kills the feature?

I have two Macs each have 2 accounts (with 2 Apple IDs), local names, etc. are identical.

If I Fast switch on each to the second user, Universal Control stops working. The only fix is to log out and log back in as the second ID. Cumbersome at a minimum using a combination of Screen Sharing since I have ONLY one Keyboard / Mouse in the Office.

I explicitly turned on Auto-Reconnect. All works OK as long as I am NOT signed in to another account on the either Mac.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 24, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 8:49 AM

TR_SoftwareServices wrote:

I have two Macs each have 2 accounts (with 2 Apple IDs), local names, etc. are identical.

If I Fast switch on each to the second user, Universal Control stops working. The only fix is to log out and log back in as the second ID. Cumbersome at a minimum using a combination of Screen Sharing since I have ONLY one Keyboard / Mouse in the Office.

I explicitly turned on Auto-Reconnect. All works OK as long as I am NOT signed in to another account on the either Mac.

You have to be logged in to the same AppleID on both devices for Universal Control

2 Apple IDs seems to be problematic...

Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - current stable release iOS 15.5

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 8:49 AM in response to TR_SoftwareServices

TR_SoftwareServices wrote:

You have to be logged in to the same AppleID on both devices for Universal Control

2 Apple IDs seems to be problematic...

Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Update your iDevice - current stable release iOS 15.5

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Fast Switching kills the feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.