Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has recently been stolen, how can I make sure they cannot access my private information?

On saturday night, somebody snatched my phone literally from my hand. Until then I always thought who would steal a slightly dented, 32 gb iPhone 7? Apparently a lot of people would. After the initial shock and the acceptance of the fact that my phone is gone for good, I immediately logged into my iCloud, removed my linked credit card and apple pay, and also deleted the phone from my devices list. Also, today I went to my mobile service provider and requested another SIM card with my old number.

Now, still, it feels icky and I am still nervous if they would still have access to my photos, notes, and all that crap ( I am not worried about any nudes, I might have the pictures of some legal documents in the gallery...). Yeah, do not do that. If I were to delete them from iCloud, would they also disappear from that phone too? Having your phone stolen is already a nightmare, yet alone having this happen when you are in a different country is a complete disaster. Thank you in advance!

iPhone 7

Posted on May 24, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 4:32 PM

Mark it as lost. If it comes online, it will not let someone in it.

See this link --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Similar questions

10 replies

May 24, 2022 4:17 PM in response to autisticguitar

You did the exact thing you should NOT have done and that is remove the phone from your device list. Now the phone is totally accessible to whomever took the phone and there is nothing you nor Apple can do to stop the thief from using the phone and accessing any of the information on the phone.

Change every single password you have, for every single account you have. Had you not removed the phone from your devices, and had you enabled Find My before the phone was stolen, you could have marked the phone as lost or stolen, which would have prevented the situation you are now in.

My iPhone has recently been stolen, how can I make sure they cannot access my private information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.