Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to downgrade storage plan. Apple won’t let me

I don’t want hardly anything going to the iCloud so I want to reduce the amount of gigs I was forced to purchase in order to transfer data to my new phone. Now I can’t figure out how to bi-pass the 200gb storage!

Posted on May 24, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 6:15 PM

See the following if you want to delete iCloud Backups that you no longer need: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Cancel upgraded iCloud storage by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See instructions in: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support including the following:

If you can't tap Done, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use for your iCloud+ plan. You can also try following these steps on a different device. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, the change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.1

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 6:15 PM in response to cmhanneken

See the following if you want to delete iCloud Backups that you no longer need: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Cancel upgraded iCloud storage by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See instructions in: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support including the following:

If you can't tap Done, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use for your iCloud+ plan. You can also try following these steps on a different device. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, the change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.1

Trying to downgrade storage plan. Apple won’t let me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.