Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of my macbook

Some how I have changed my password and am locked out of of my MacBook. Can I open my MacBook without the password to correct this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:21 PM

georgefrommosman park SaidL

"Locked out of my macBbok: Some how I have changed my password and am locked out of of my MacBook. Can I open my MacBook without the password to correct this?"

-------

Resetting your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 8:21 PM in response to georgefrommosman park

georgefrommosman park SaidL

"Locked out of my macBbok: Some how I have changed my password and am locked out of of my MacBook. Can I open my MacBook without the password to correct this?"

-------

Resetting your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

Locked out of my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.