You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet connection

Iphone 11 says 'no internet connection' but I am connected. What doesn't work is messenger, apps that require an internet connection, my Uber app. Hotspot works.

I have done the following several times - hard restart, delete and reinstall messenger, turn wifi and aeroplane mode on/off, reset network settings, checked everything that should be turned on is on, removed and then inserted sim card, gone to different locations. VPN flashes and tries to turn on then turns off. Any other ideas would be very gratefully received!!

iPhone 11

Posted on May 24, 2022 9:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 10:31 PM

lizandbiko Said:

"Internet connection: [...]VPN flashes and tries to turn on then turns off. [...]Hello, I can't remove the VPN. It is turned off."

-------

Try Disabling the VPN:

The VPN is what I think is getting in the way here.

How to Disable VPN Connections:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: VPN & Device Management
  4. Tap: [the VPN]
  5. Tap: Status (so that it is greyed-out)

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2022 10:31 PM in response to lizandbiko

lizandbiko Said:

"Internet connection: [...]VPN flashes and tries to turn on then turns off. [...]Hello, I can't remove the VPN. It is turned off."

-------

Try Disabling the VPN:

The VPN is what I think is getting in the way here.

How to Disable VPN Connections:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: VPN & Device Management
  4. Tap: [the VPN]
  5. Tap: Status (so that it is greyed-out)

Internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.