Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple remote (2nd fen) suddenly stopped workingI have tried the steps

My Apple TV remote stopped working entirely. I tried the steps on the apple web support but it has no effect What else can I do?

Posted on May 25, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:13 PM

If you've made sure its charged and it won't pair or unpair from the Apple TV, then take it into an Apple Store for diagnostics and replacement. If its under warranty and they can't get it to work, they simply replace it for free.

link-> Apple TV Repair - Official Apple Support

I had an Apple TV remote die on me and since the Apple TV was still under warranty I took it to an Apple store and after failing to get it to work for 20 minutes, the Genius Bar guy simply replaced it under warranty. No issue with that one since.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 1:13 PM in response to EarlRide

If you've made sure its charged and it won't pair or unpair from the Apple TV, then take it into an Apple Store for diagnostics and replacement. If its under warranty and they can't get it to work, they simply replace it for free.

link-> Apple TV Repair - Official Apple Support

I had an Apple TV remote die on me and since the Apple TV was still under warranty I took it to an Apple store and after failing to get it to work for 20 minutes, the Genius Bar guy simply replaced it under warranty. No issue with that one since.

apple remote (2nd fen) suddenly stopped workingI have tried the steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.