You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save my custom voicemail greeting (5 25 2022)

I have a new iPhone 13 Mini, my first iPhone. I cannot seem to get the system to allow me to save my new custom greeting. It's recorded, I can listen to it, the device won't allow me to SAVE that screen with the checkmark on the CUSTOM line; it reverts to DEFAULT.

This is a business line and I really MUST have a custom greeting. HELP!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on May 25, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 12:57 PM

Your statement would have been accurate on every Android device I have ever owned but that is not the case for iPhones.

On the brand 13 Mini, these controls are under the SETTINGS button within the device UTILITIES. The process is functioning exactly as anticipated until I have recorded my new greeting at which point the two options "Default" or "Custom" should both allow me to tick their particular box, where CUSTOM is not permitting me to check the box.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2022 12:57 PM in response to Raicya

Your statement would have been accurate on every Android device I have ever owned but that is not the case for iPhones.

On the brand 13 Mini, these controls are under the SETTINGS button within the device UTILITIES. The process is functioning exactly as anticipated until I have recorded my new greeting at which point the two options "Default" or "Custom" should both allow me to tick their particular box, where CUSTOM is not permitting me to check the box.

May 25, 2022 2:20 PM in response to Westcoast_Ginger

When you call your voicemail box xxxx, you can listen to the main menu/options.

An example how it works with my carrier:

Call xxxx and press 11 for the main menu. Choose 2 for the personal settings of your voicemail. Choose 3 for PIN code and choose a 4 digit code. You can also change your pin code here and indicate when your voicemail should ask for the pin code.

There is also an option to save your Personal Greeting.

The voicemail settings are controlled by the carrier, so contact your carrier.

Save my custom voicemail greeting (5 25 2022)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.