Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silent switch on iPhone 13 spontaneously turns off (becomes muted)

I have had the phone for two months, and have had repeated episodes when the mechanical switch turns off, muting any calls. I do not believe that this is related to removing the phone from my pocket. I suspect that it may be related to hiking with the phone in my front pocket. This never happened with my iPhone 7.

I have done a hard reset, have discussed with an Apple supervisor by phone, and recently went into an Apple store. The switch does not seem loose. Because diagnostic tests did not reveal any problem with the button, I was told that the problem would not be covered by warranty.

I do not want to have to switch to a thicker (Otterbox) case from my Apple silicone case, so that I can continue to keep in my pocket.

I feel that Apple should give me a new phone.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:40 PM

The switch is not one which can move by itself (it is not motorized or able to move on its own). If it is being turned on, it is being physically being turned on by you in some way. You might want to consider a different case because of this.

6 replies

May 25, 2022 1:51 PM in response to Morswa

I like cases from Spigen and Incase and Encased as three names I trust and use routinely myself. If you go to Amazon.com, you'll see literally thousands of decent case options available. Also, Otterbox, does make really good cases and they have cases which are not necessarily thicker than other cases. Their Symmetry and Prefix cases come to mind, but the Defender Series would likely be a better option for you as the silent switch is protected.

Silent switch on iPhone 13 spontaneously turns off (becomes muted)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.