Skip navigation

4G Neteworks

721 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 12:04 PM by grsteinberg RSS
grsteinberg Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 10, 2010 11:44 AM
I wonder if any one knows that when AT&T 4G network comes out, will our iPhone 4/3G be able to be software updated?
iMac Snow Leopard, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (122,145 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2010 11:53 AM (in response to grsteinberg)
    AT&T will begin rolling out their LTE (4G) network in some select major markets sometime next year. It will take AT&T several years at least to roll out their LTE (4G) network extensively besides being in some major markets only.

An LTE (4G) network compatible phone is hardware related just as the original iPhone is not a 3G network compatible phone. None of the existing iPhones are compatible with LTE (4G) networks and a firmware update cannot change this. AT&T's 3G/EDGE/GPRS network will continue to be available for many years to come.
     MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo/2.53GHz/4GB RAM/500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.4),  iPod w/Video 30GB,  iPhone 4 32GB

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.