Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music interruptions when using Airplay

Hello,

Whenever I play Apple Music to AppleTV using Airplay on my iPhone 13pro, I get constant interruptions from other apps and even phone calls. The other apps (Facebook, most notably), totally take over the sound, and Apple Music stops playing. I cannot find an easy fix for this. I thought Airplay was supposed to prevent this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 10:15 PM

Nevermind, I figured out that on the AppleTv that I use to play through my whole home audio, I am using a 3rd gen AppleTv, which apparently is not compatible with AirPlay2, which apparently solves all my problems. I tested it on a newer AppleTv that is connected to my bedroom TV only, and it works fine. I'll have to upgrade.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 10:15 PM in response to mboss310

Nevermind, I figured out that on the AppleTv that I use to play through my whole home audio, I am using a 3rd gen AppleTv, which apparently is not compatible with AirPlay2, which apparently solves all my problems. I tested it on a newer AppleTv that is connected to my bedroom TV only, and it works fine. I'll have to upgrade.

Apple Music interruptions when using Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.