Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlink my iPad from my iPhone

How do I unlink my iPad from my iPhone?

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 12:47 AM

Unlink how - or for what purpose? What, precisely, are you attempting to achieve?

Most Apple services (such as Contacts, Calendar, Messages etc.) use iCloud to synchronise data between devices. You can control behaviour from iPad and iPhone settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - enable or disable individual services as prefered

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 12:47 AM in response to puleng18

Unlink how - or for what purpose? What, precisely, are you attempting to achieve?

Most Apple services (such as Contacts, Calendar, Messages etc.) use iCloud to synchronise data between devices. You can control behaviour from iPad and iPhone settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - enable or disable individual services as prefered

Jun 5, 2022 9:50 AM in response to LotusPilot

I am also wondering how to do this. I recently purchased a new iPad for school. Logging into my Apple account automatically transferred all the content on my iPhone onto my new iPad, which is fine, but I want to turn that feature off now as content from my iPad is also transferring onto my iPhone. I did need some of the content shared across the two devices, but how do I turn the feature off now while still keeping the current content that is already there?

How do I unlink my iPad from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.