Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Childs Apple ID

Hi all, I created my child an id through family sharing and all is working fine except from purchases.

When she tries to buy something through a game or download an app it tells her that she needs to verify the paypal account. We follow the instructions and it tells us that it has sent a code, which it hasnt to a number that doesnt exist and isnt linked to my Paypal so it just hangs there and doesnt let us continue to the purchase, totally stuck, Ive done all the resets - unlinked and linked paypal - added apple pay to the account.

When I added her apple ID I used a debit card but it still decides to bypass this to Paypal and wont let me delete it as a payment option! HELP it is driving me insane!

iPhone X

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 10:46 AM

Have you moved the debit card to be the primary payment method?

If necessary, contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Similar questions

1 reply

Childs Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.