Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Badge on iphone SE App Store icon not working properly

I have IOS 15.5, and have tried all sorts of App Store and notification settings to get the icon badge to show. The only I can get it to show at the moment is going to Updates on the App Store app, and pulling down to refresh. This is a bit of a pain - especially if I forget to do it every day and am either faced with loads of updates, or another app isn't working properly and I discover it needs an update. The one time I thought I had cracked it, it lasted for a couple of days but now it's back to not showing unless I go into the app and pull to refresh. Any ideas, anyone?

Posted on May 26, 2022 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 9:04 AM

Hi prothalus,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're not able to see the notification badge for the App Store when you have apps that require updates.

Have you noticed if this happens when you're connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network?

You can also refresh your notification settings and try again. You can go to Settings > Notifications > App Store, disable Allow Notifications, restart your iPhone then follow the same path back to enable notifications for the App Store again. When you're in Settings > Notifications > App Store, check that you have Banners and Badges enabled as well.

You can learn more about using notifications on your iPhone here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 9:04 AM in response to prothalus

Hi prothalus,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're not able to see the notification badge for the App Store when you have apps that require updates.

Have you noticed if this happens when you're connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network?

You can also refresh your notification settings and try again. You can go to Settings > Notifications > App Store, disable Allow Notifications, restart your iPhone then follow the same path back to enable notifications for the App Store again. When you're in Settings > Notifications > App Store, check that you have Banners and Badges enabled as well.

You can learn more about using notifications on your iPhone here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Badge on iphone SE App Store icon not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.