Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the difference between Apple TV and Apple TV

Posted on May 26, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 6:51 AM

Perhaps you are asking about Apple TV+

Apple TV is Apple's streaming box. It can play content on your television streamed from your devices in the home, and show paid content from providers such as Netflix (to name one of many) as well as Apple's own streaming service.

Apple TV+ is Apple's subscription service for television and movies.

Apple TV App is the software Apple provides for Macs and iOS devices for watching Apple TV+ content, and for installing on other streaming devices including some smart televisions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 6:51 AM in response to iHasan88

Perhaps you are asking about Apple TV+

Apple TV is Apple's streaming box. It can play content on your television streamed from your devices in the home, and show paid content from providers such as Netflix (to name one of many) as well as Apple's own streaming service.

Apple TV+ is Apple's subscription service for television and movies.

Apple TV App is the software Apple provides for Macs and iOS devices for watching Apple TV+ content, and for installing on other streaming devices including some smart televisions.

May 26, 2022 6:59 AM in response to David McKinlay

Many thanks for your answer,

my issue is that I am trying to subscribe to the streaming service (which is as you thankfully described is Apple TV+), I do not have the actual TV box, I do have a Samsung smart TV running on Tizen OS, and when I search the store I can only see Apple TV+, on the other hand, my friend which also has a very similar Samsung TV, same OS and his application named Apple TV.

regardless of the + sign, his application and subscription work perfectly, he can rent and/or buy content and watch it on his TV through the app, while when I am trying to activate my application, it says my region is not supported (we both live in the same city), I don't know what is the issue here.

May 27, 2022 9:07 AM in response to iHasan88

Apple TV Plus is only designated for the service, which is found within the Apple TV app. Samsung have specific models that they have designated for the app so make sure you check that first (see below). In the event that you have verified compatibility then you may also want to check out the linked instructions from Samsung. If you have loaded the app and are having issue then check to ensure you aren't using any VPN or other settings that are masking your location.

• Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series (2019, 2020)
  • Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
  • Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
  • Samsung FHD/HD 5500, 5300, 4500, 4300 Series (2017, 2018, 2020)1
  • Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
  • Samsung The Frame Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)1
  • Samsung The Sero Series (2019, 2020)1

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082624/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.