Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an email account to my iPhone 11

When I enter all my information, it says "no password entered for this account. Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password." I have entered the password each time, along with the email, and host/server name, and every time it tries to verify the account, I get this error code. Why? Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Posted on May 26, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:25 AM

Black_Widow016 wrote:

When I enter all my information, it says "no password entered for this account. Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password." I have entered the password each time, along with the email, and host/server name, and every time it tries to verify the account, I get this error code. Why? Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Maybe your mail account needs to use an app specific password, contact your mail provider or look at their support site.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 9:25 AM in response to Black_Widow016

Black_Widow016 wrote:

Maybe your mail account needs to use an app specific password, contact your mail provider or look at their support site.

Adding an email account to my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.