Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get my mail

all of a sudden I cannot get my mail on my phone. Message says enter a password in settings but I already have one.

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:15 AM

Mrea000 wrote:

all of a sudden I cannot get my mail on my phone. Message says enter a password in settings but I already have one.

Delete and reinstall the mail account, and contact your mail provider or look at their support site.

5 replies

Jul 6, 2022 5:43 PM in response to razmee209

Unfortunately, I had the same problem. After deleting then recreating the account twice - I restarted the iPhone the second time after deleting the account - I'm still getting the "Cannot Get Mail, No password provided for <description>" error. I entered the password into the IMAP area and the SMTP area. Same error pops up after Checking for Mail ... message at bottom of screen. Please help.

Cannot get my mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.