Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac not booting up since installing Monterey OS

Hello,

I am unable to boot up my iMac since I installed the latest OS. I have run first aid on the disk (in disk utility) and it says all is well. I have reinstalled Monterey OS. There is not a problem with space. This is very frustrating and I have already spent a huge amount of time trying to fix this problem. I am happy to be able to use my MacBook Pro, but would like to have my newer iMac working properly. Anything else that I could try?

Thanks for any suggestions.

iMac Pro

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:17 PM

Then you have likely had a hardware failure, this can happen on older systems that already have a stressed hard disk. Please contact AppleCare for your support options. AppleCare contact Information

9 replies

Jun 12, 2022 8:27 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I have had EXACTLY the same problem - my 2019 iMac 21" has not rebooted after installing Monterey 12.4. It sticks on the start up at the black Apple logo - and won't proceed. I have done everything that is listed in Support and in your suggestions - and it now won't connect to the keyboard and mouse. This, of course, means I can't enter the password to get into it. My 2015 MacBookPro took the 12.4 Monterey update with no problems (thankfully!) - but I cannot get my iMac to cooperate and I need it for work! Does a 2019 iMac count as an 'Older system"? I am not amused!

Any ideas? (And I live three hours drive from the nearest Apple Store!!!!) Thank you!

Jun 13, 2022 11:51 AM in response to AC736

Hello,

So sorry to hear this. Yes, I continue to have trouble with my iMac booting up. I have done first aid repair several times, and I also tried the suggestion (3-4 times) to shut down the computer, and then press simultaneously, power + command + option + P + R and wait for the second chime. It didn't seem to work.

What has seemed to work is continuing to shut it down and then reboot. Eventually, it booted and then I just did not sleep it our shut it down. If I put it to sleep, I could not get it back and sometimes it just went to black (as it sometimes does when about 1/3 booted).

Go figure! I wish Apple would be more responsive to these issues when the update the OS.

Good luck,

iMac not booting up since installing Monterey OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.