Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activate Location

How do I activate my location on my iMac. It used to work but somehow now is off.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.0

Posted on May 26, 2022 9:37 AM

4 replies

May 26, 2022 1:15 PM in response to TennisRandy

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in the  How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support link.

Note: If you are using a wireless keyboard please either plug it in using the supplied Lightning cable that shipped with it. If

you are using a legacy keyboard or a third-party kryboard that does not have re-charging abilities, please use any USB keyboard. Also note that a Safe Mode restart may require you to hold down the shift key for up to 5 minutes before the computer starts in Safe Mode. You will know it is in Safe Mode when you see “Safe Mode” in the upper right of the display.

Next, please restart normally and please retest.

May 26, 2022 9:50 AM in response to TennisRandy

1. Go to  → System Preferences… in the Menu Bar.
  2. Open the Users & Groups preferences pane.
  3. Click on the Login Options button underneath the list of Mac users.
  4. Click on the lock button at the bottom left of the window.
  5. Enter your password when prompted, then click on the blue Unlock button.
  6. Click inside of the Automatic Login combo box and select the account you want your Mac to log in to automatically when it powers on.
  7. If prompted to enter the password of the account your selected, enter it and click on the blue OK button.

Activate Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.