Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing clock in menu bar

I've done everything but still cannot place clock/date in my menu bar. It was always there before. I've followed instructions from community forums but there is no place that allows me to put a check next to Place in Menu Bar.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 26, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:42 PM

escarole wrote:

I see my date and time faded in my toolbar. If I click on it my clock and calendar appear as widgets on my screen

the dim clock is actually a "feature". it tells you the status of "do not disturb" at a glance. 

when DND is turned on, the clock is dim.

but when it's off, the clock is bright

but if you place the DND icon permanently on the menubar the clock will stay bright regardless of if DND is turned off or on. instead, the DND icon goes dim or bright.

DND turned on:

DND turned off:

just open control centre and drag DND from control centre and drop it on your menubar. you drag it by the text, not the icon.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 4:42 PM in response to escarole

escarole wrote:

I see my date and time faded in my toolbar. If I click on it my clock and calendar appear as widgets on my screen

the dim clock is actually a "feature". it tells you the status of "do not disturb" at a glance. 

when DND is turned on, the clock is dim.

but when it's off, the clock is bright

but if you place the DND icon permanently on the menubar the clock will stay bright regardless of if DND is turned off or on. instead, the DND icon goes dim or bright.

DND turned on:

DND turned off:

just open control centre and drag DND from control centre and drop it on your menubar. you drag it by the text, not the icon.

missing clock in menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.