Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom alerts for different WhatsApp groups"

I've given into pressure and installed WhatsApp and want to have a different meaningful (thus customised) "alert tones" for different groups.

I've figured out how to edit groups but when I choose "wallpaper & sound>Alert tone", in WhatsApp, I just get a short list of Apple "alert tones" which is not even the full list of available Apple sounds for text message alerts.

Now, like many, I have crafted some instantly recognisable "alert tones" for text messaging but cannot seem to be able to get to then from WhatsApp.

What's occurring?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 27, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 6:31 AM

You will have to contact WhatsApp for help with their software, this is not an Apple product.

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/?subject=messenger

4 replies

Custom alerts for different WhatsApp groups"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.