Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Battery draining to 3% when plugged in

Hey, I'm running a 15 inch 2017 MacBook Pro on 12.3.1 and when I'm using editing software (Premiere Pro) or playing a game the battery runs down to 3% even when plugged in. Once it gets to 3% the performance drops to the point that it is unusable.

I originally thought it could be the battery age so I had it replaced but it is still doing it. I'm using the official Apple charger and cable that came with the laptop. I also tried resetting the SMC which did nothing.

This fault has only been happening for the last 2-3 months.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 27, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 8:31 AM

ThirdNibble wrote:

Hey, I'm running a 15 inch 2017 MacBook Pro on 12.3.1 and when I'm using editing software (Premiere Pro) or playing a game the battery runs down to 3% even when plugged in. Once it gets to 3% the performance drops to the point that it is unusable.

I originally thought it could be the battery age so I had it replaced but it is still doing it. I'm using the official Apple charger and cable that came with the laptop. I also tried resetting the SMC which did nothing.

Thanks

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4 I would start there...

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 8:31 AM in response to ThirdNibble

ThirdNibble wrote:

Thanks

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4 I would start there...

Macbook Pro Battery draining to 3% when plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.