Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing a 2nd Apple ID from my iPhone 8

I have two Apple ID´s on my Iphone 8. I need to delete one as I keep getting asked to put in the password. It was an old work ID which I do not use but it is preventing me from signing into other apps.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 27, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 10:55 AM

Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your current Apple ID if desired. Or you can try setting up Family Sharing between the two Apple IDs. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review  *

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call   -       

If necessary, try Twitter

Apple on Twitter   -        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 10:55 AM in response to Jazzdavies

Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your current Apple ID if desired. Or you can try setting up Family Sharing between the two Apple IDs. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review  *

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call   -       

If necessary, try Twitter

Apple on Twitter   -        

Removing a 2nd Apple ID from my iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.