Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My SIM card is not workin please help

please help my SIM card is not working

Posted on May 27, 2022 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 3:24 PM

Hello!

I understand that you have an issue with your SIM card, but I need some more details before I am able to provide you with a solution. When did this happen? Has it happened before? Which iPhone model do you have?

Some possible troubleshooting options:

Check if your SIM card is inserted properly

Use the SIM extractor tool that came with your iPhone to eject the SIM tray. Check that the SIM card is inserted properly in the tray, not upside down, or has not moved around within the tray, causing a bad read

Ensure that the SIM tray is not damaged

If your SIM tray is damaged in any way, then there is a chance that your card cannot be properly inserted into the phone. If that's the case, then you need to get your phone serviced, or contact your carrier to get an eSIM.

Quoted from this thread:
An eSIM (electronic SIM) card is way to digitally register your phone number to your iPhone, allowing you to essentially activate your phone number without the need for an physical SIM. You need to get in touch with your Carrier, so that they give you an eSIM QR Code to activate it, and then you can activate it from your Settings (Settings > Mobile Data > Add Data Plan). Some advantages include that you do not need to deactivate the SIM in case you lose your iPhone, and at the same time, if you have two numbers (e.g. a personal and business mobile) you can use them both on the same device.

Here's some more Apple Support articles and videos, relevant to your question:
About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support
Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support
Find wireless carriers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

Try restarting your device

The oldest trick in the book. Try it to see if there is any difference.

Make sure that you have entered your SIM PIN upon starting your iPhone

If you haven't entered your SIM PIN, then your SIM card won't connect to your wireless network. In order to be prompted to enter your SIM PIN if you haven't already you can try making a phone call to any number (the line isn't going to come through so it can be any number, really, as long as it is not an emergency line number).

If you happen to have another SIM card, try using that to see if the issue is specific to your SIM, or it is a potential problem with the SIM reader of your iPhone.

Here are some relevant articles to your issue:

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Hope this helped!

-flef

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 3:24 PM in response to siba64

Hello!

I understand that you have an issue with your SIM card, but I need some more details before I am able to provide you with a solution. When did this happen? Has it happened before? Which iPhone model do you have?

Some possible troubleshooting options:

Check if your SIM card is inserted properly

Use the SIM extractor tool that came with your iPhone to eject the SIM tray. Check that the SIM card is inserted properly in the tray, not upside down, or has not moved around within the tray, causing a bad read

Ensure that the SIM tray is not damaged

If your SIM tray is damaged in any way, then there is a chance that your card cannot be properly inserted into the phone. If that's the case, then you need to get your phone serviced, or contact your carrier to get an eSIM.

Quoted from this thread:
An eSIM (electronic SIM) card is way to digitally register your phone number to your iPhone, allowing you to essentially activate your phone number without the need for an physical SIM. You need to get in touch with your Carrier, so that they give you an eSIM QR Code to activate it, and then you can activate it from your Settings (Settings > Mobile Data > Add Data Plan). Some advantages include that you do not need to deactivate the SIM in case you lose your iPhone, and at the same time, if you have two numbers (e.g. a personal and business mobile) you can use them both on the same device.

Here's some more Apple Support articles and videos, relevant to your question:
About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support
Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support
Find wireless carriers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

Try restarting your device

The oldest trick in the book. Try it to see if there is any difference.

Make sure that you have entered your SIM PIN upon starting your iPhone

If you haven't entered your SIM PIN, then your SIM card won't connect to your wireless network. In order to be prompted to enter your SIM PIN if you haven't already you can try making a phone call to any number (the line isn't going to come through so it can be any number, really, as long as it is not an emergency line number).

If you happen to have another SIM card, try using that to see if the issue is specific to your SIM, or it is a potential problem with the SIM reader of your iPhone.

Here are some relevant articles to your issue:

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Hope this helped!

-flef

My SIM card is not workin please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.