Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes on MacBook Pro not syncing with iCloud

For some reason my MacBook (mid-2012, running High Sierra), has stopped syncing Notes with iCloud. I tried signing out of iCloud, restarting and all that. Nothing seems to have worked so far. Is anyone else having this problem? Now I have no Notes on my computer.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 28, 2022 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:27 PM

Try Eric's advice. If the problem persists, update the Apple IST CA 2 - G1 cert from the Apple PKI (Apple PKI - Apple) site. You can first check the expiration date on this certification in Keychain Access, for some it expired earlier in May 2022. If that happened to you, Apple has a new one on the above site. Download it and double click it to install in Keychain. Then see if your Notes are back to normal.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 12:27 PM in response to jc7tray

Try Eric's advice. If the problem persists, update the Apple IST CA 2 - G1 cert from the Apple PKI (Apple PKI - Apple) site. You can first check the expiration date on this certification in Keychain Access, for some it expired earlier in May 2022. If that happened to you, Apple has a new one on the above site. Download it and double click it to install in Keychain. Then see if your Notes are back to normal.

Notes on MacBook Pro not syncing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.