Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable/Disable Title In/Out effects for Lower Thirds

Hi,

I have been downloading a few templates for lower thirds. These templates give you many options but the majority do not provide an option to modify enable/disable the In/Out animation of a particular lower third. Sometimes I want the lower third to stay longer but the out animation plays a couple of seconds earlier and ruins the purpose when I want it to stay longer.

is there a way I can take it to motion and Publish the in/out parameter to any downloaded template?

Thanks!

Posted on May 28, 2022 5:28 AM

4 replies

May 28, 2022 8:52 AM in response to Irfan Sait

This all depends on how the title was created.

Most are done in Motion.

If so, you should be able to control-click and choose Open in Motion.

The timing of the duration of a build-in or build-out animation is often determined by special Markers in the Motion project.

These are Build-In (Mandatory) or Build-In (Optional) (and similarly for Build-Out).

If there is a Build-In (Mandatory) marker at, say, 2 seconds in, this makes the duration of the build-in fixed at 2 seconds, regardless of how much the title duration is in your project.

The (Optional) variants work the same way, except that you get a checkbox in FCP and can deactivate the respective animation completely.

Here is a scheme of the Motion timeline with these Markers:

The problem you may be experiencing is probably to setting the total duration less than the sum of the build-in and build-out times...

Enable/Disable Title In/Out effects for Lower Thirds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.