You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Current iPad Models have the LED True Tone Flash on the back facing camera?

Hello,

So, over the years, I’ve been extremely confused as to which iPads come with an actual flash on the back of the device. I know iPad Pro models have them, but the Air models, iPad models, and Mini models have all be confusing to me. On the website, the iPad Air 5 is shown not having a flash, but in YouTube videos, it looks like it does. Also on the website, the iPad Mini details while comparing models doesn’t say it has a flash, but it obviously looks like it does in the pictures and 100% looks like it does in YouTube videos. I KNOW iPad 9th gen doesn’t have a flash, because I own one.

Any help would be EXTREMELU APPRECIATED!

Sincerely,

Captain

PS: If you’re wonder why I desperately am trying to figure this out, it’s because I’m visually impaired and rely on my iPad to take pictures of text to allow me to read it, and I always am stuck balancing my phone on top of my iPad with the flash on in order to add enough light for my inverted picture to be sharp enough for my 8MP camera.

Posted on May 28, 2022 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 8:26 AM

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

The Guide includes information about the individual features of each model of iPad. For example, here you will find the page relating to the iPad mini6 - that shows the truetone flash:

iPad mini (6th generation) - Apple Support

As you page-though the Guide, you find all the models that include a truetone flash - such as all the iPad Pro models.

You can also compare directly the specifications of all iPad models here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2022 8:26 AM in response to -Captain-

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

The Guide includes information about the individual features of each model of iPad. For example, here you will find the page relating to the iPad mini6 - that shows the truetone flash:

iPad mini (6th generation) - Apple Support

As you page-though the Guide, you find all the models that include a truetone flash - such as all the iPad Pro models.

You can also compare directly the specifications of all iPad models here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

Which Current iPad Models have the LED True Tone Flash on the back facing camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.