Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drains quickly when laptop is off

When I shut down the laptop with 100% of battery and I do not use one week the baterry has 50% or less of charge. How I can resolve this for that the battery hold the charge? I have a MacBook Pro M1 13'' version 2021 with OS Monterry 12.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 10:01 PM

The problem is that when I execute shut down the laptop continue drains the battery

3 replies

May 29, 2022 3:14 AM in response to rodrigo369

Batteries are considered Consumable Products and normally work as intended as per below.

But, sometimes a bad battery even in a very new computer like yours can be faulty.

If it were mine - I would have it Evaluated

Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced. The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%. Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

battery drains quickly when laptop is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.