Related Article: About eSIM on iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way someone could have access to my iPhone on their phone via eSIM?

is there a way someone could have access to my phone on their phone through esim? for example if they entered my information into their phone they could see everything on mine? i think this has happened to me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 28, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 4:25 PM

Via an eSIM? Nope.

Usual path for shenanigans is knowing passcodes or passwords, or having physical access to your iPhone.

A SIM or eSIM is your identity to the cellular network. It’s not a radio, and doesn’t communicate elsewhere.

If somebody is inclined to spoof your cellular network information (so-called SIM cloning), then they have access to your telephone number, and potentially to security based on that, but not into your device. And the cellular network is not fond of having two devices with the same identity, so there is usually misbehavior.

If you suspect an issue with ypir SIM, contact your carrier and discuss it with them, and potentially acquire a different eSIM or SIM.

But again, known and phished and re-used passwords and passcodes are the usual sources of trouble.

To strengthen your security, and to check for some common issues and problems: https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 4:25 PM in response to Tombiewhte

Via an eSIM? Nope.

Usual path for shenanigans is knowing passcodes or passwords, or having physical access to your iPhone.

A SIM or eSIM is your identity to the cellular network. It’s not a radio, and doesn’t communicate elsewhere.

If somebody is inclined to spoof your cellular network information (so-called SIM cloning), then they have access to your telephone number, and potentially to security based on that, but not into your device. And the cellular network is not fond of having two devices with the same identity, so there is usually misbehavior.

If you suspect an issue with ypir SIM, contact your carrier and discuss it with them, and potentially acquire a different eSIM or SIM.

But again, known and phished and re-used passwords and passcodes are the usual sources of trouble.

To strengthen your security, and to check for some common issues and problems: https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

Is there a way someone could have access to my iPhone on their phone via eSIM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.