Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failure to connext via bluetooth with MacOS Monterey 12.4

I am using an iMac Pro (2017 build). After installing MacOS 12.4, I cannot connect external devices via bluetooth.

I am not able to connect my AirPod2s or a Bluetooth headset that I have been using previously.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted on May 28, 2022 5:19 PM

6 replies

May 29, 2022 2:48 AM in response to mikepen49

Well since another suggestion was marked as solving the computer issue - good and case closed.

But, I would be somewhat concerned if it was my computer.

Safe Mode, if executed properly, will not present the black screen with flashing white folder

User wrote " All I got was a black scree with a "white folder" with a black question mark in it, with "support.apple.com/mac/startup" on the screen below the flashing folder."

Refer to below link specific to the provided description above

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

May 28, 2022 6:20 PM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your help.

Unfortunately, safe mode didn't work. Safe mode would not boot. All I got was a black scree with a "white folder" with a black question mark in it, with "support.apple.com/mac/startup" on the screen below the flashing folder.

I rebooted normally but the bluetooth connectivity would still not recognize my Airpod Pro 2s nor my bluetooth headset.

Very frustrating.

Thanks again.

May 29, 2022 3:10 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for your reply(s)!

I've had problems with this computer since the day I bought it. Most of them showed up after the warrantee period.

The biggest problems came after trying to upgrade to MacOS Monterey. The computer froze during installation and nothing I did would make it boot up in any configuration.

After 2 trips back to the Apple Authorized Service Center, they managed to get Monterey installed, however the computer has never worked correctly since.

I haven't beat myself up over it because I have order me a new Mac Studio computer (August delivery!). I just need to limp along on this iMac Pro until the new machine arrives!

Thanks again!

Failure to connext via bluetooth with MacOS Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.